Obubra Development Union (ODU) is registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as a non-profit and non-political organization. ODU was formed in August 2015. It first existed between 1995 and 2004 when circumstances beyond the members at the time led to a lull in its activities. The Union has over 1200 members working and earning their livelihoods int he public and private sectors in Abuja and its environs.
It is a development and cultural oriented organization established among other objectives:
- To promote sustainable development through educational and economic empowerment
- To facilitate employment and political appointments for her people
- To serve as the people’s voice for the provision of social development programmes for the community
- To promote good governance and periodic assessment of elected and appointed political office holders, to encourage accountability on the part of the political leader.
- To undertake other activities as in the opinion of the union may aid the attainment of the objectives of the union. The methodology for the performance rating is hereby attached accordingly to facilitate information collection.
The Obubra Development Union is ultimately the voice of the Obubra People